Trevor helps kids learn:
- How to turn moving into an adventure
- How to leave old friends and make new ones
- How to adapt to new surroundings
Facts About Moving
- According to the Employee Relocation Council, there are only two other life events that are more stressful than moving: death and divorce.
- The most common moving company customers are married couples between the ages of 25 and 44, with one or two kids ranging in age from two to 11. 
- Adults who moved frequently as kids have fewer high quality relationships and tend to score lower on well-being and life satisfaction. 
Preview the Episode
Moving is difficult for anyone. It can be especially difficult for kids. In the Great Moving Adventure, award-winning children's author Trevor Romain sends Darryl on an adventure he won't forget. Darryl, upset that he has to move to a new state, learns through some wacky animated characters that moving can be a fun adventure. With the help of Jack and Skye, Trevor's two animated sidekicks, Darryl realizes that moving presents a wonderful opportunity to find new friends and how to keep in touch with his old friends. He also learns some practical strategies to help him once he arrives in his new town.
In the News